A delicious, visually appealing breakfast with endless health benefits!
Oats regulate your appetite, making you feel full until lunch time. Red berries and blueberries are excellent sources of antioxidants, while almonds and organic peanut butter are sources of good fats. Moreover, the potassium rich banana gives a nice, sweet taste to your porridge and the cinnamon gives it a nice christmassy taste. Cinnamon is also known for its powerful anti-inflammatory properties and the cocoa powder has antidepressant effects. Now you have no excuses not to enjoy this amazing breakfast treat!
– 1 cup of Gluten Free Jumbo Oats (I’m using provena)
– 1 ripe banana
– Red berries and blueberries to taste
– A few almonds to decorate
– A teaspoon of peanut butter
– Cinnamon to taste
– Cocoa powder to taste
– Unsweetened rice milk
– Put the oats in a pot and add enough water to soak them. At low heat, stir until they’re dry and then add enough rice milk to cover the oats. Stir continuously.
– Add the ripe banana, the cinnamon and the cocoa powder. Turn off the heat and stir for 30 seconds.
– Add the frozen or fresh berries, the almods and the peanut butter.
– Add a dash of cinnamon on top and enjoy!
I hope you liked this recipe. Please share it with anyone you know who would enjoy this, especially if they cannot eat gluten.
If you try it, feel free to send me a picture on
Twitter : @hermetickitten
Have a wonderful day!