Autumn has been my favourite season since I was a little girl. It is so charming and appealing to me that even as an adult, the slightest thought of it makes me tingle.
I loved preparing for a new year of school, buying stationery and enjoying the chilly autumnal air on my face.
Here is a list of charming things I absolutely love about this magnificent season.
- The stunning colors of nature. Light and dark share of red gracefully mix with yellow, orange and brown. It is stunning to look at. Definitely a visual trigger for me.
- Crinkly sounds and boots. Stepping on dry leaves with your boots on is the tingliest autumnal sensation I recall. The sounds produced by shoes on leaves are absolutely mesmerizing. I also used to enjoy walking on gravel.
- The smell of roasted chestnuts. If you have ever visited Rome in Autumn, you will definitely remember the smell of gorgeous roasted chestnuts through the narrow streets of the centre. I have no idea if that amazing smell is common in other countries, it is one of those smells I always link to this season. It’s an olfactory trigger!
- Halloween pumpkins. Halloween wasn’t always celebrated in Italy, infact we started relatively late, about fifteen years ago. Nowadays you can find pumpkins to carve everywhere and I absolutely love doing that. The sounds of carving and the feel of the pumpkin itself is really tingly to think of. I also love pumpkin soup, so that’s a win win situation.
- Seasonal fruits and vegetables. The smells and colors of the seasonal fruits and vegetables are almost as stunning as the sight of nature. I love berries and squashes, red apples and grapes. Those graceful shades of red and purple and orange are a treat to the eyes and to the tummy. Ever so tingly to look at.
- Warm beverages and blankets. There are only a few things I enjoy more than the sensation of chilly autumnal air on my face or enjoying a warm cup of coffee with a blanket on my lap. I tingle at the thought.
- Quiet time with your favourite books. Books are soul companions and enjoying them in Autumn is a special and fantastic activity. You can allow yourself to get absorbed by the story and let a couple of hours pass by without even noticing. I can almost feel a sequence of tingles on my skin as I think of warmth and books.
- Cozy clothing. Loose jumpers, comfortable hoodies and warmer shirts. The sensation of warm clothing is so relaxing and comforting… and Winter makes it even better!
I hope you liked my list of Tingly Things. What makes you tingle about Autumn? Have you ever felt any of these sensations? Let me know! And Happy end of the Fall Season!
Email me: firstname.lastname@example.org