Do you have a ripe banana waiting to be eaten on your table? Then you must try this super quick and easy banana cinnamon oat cake recipe! Cinnamon gives a warm, christmassy taste to it and the banana adds the sweetest touch!
You can use the type of flour you prefer, in this case I have chosen some Gluten Free Baking Flour by Proveena (Finland).
- 2 ½ tbs of brown sugar
- Approximately a cup of unsweetened rice milk
- 1 ripe banana
- Half a cup of Oat flour
- A pinch of baking soda
- Cinnamon powder to taste
- Some shredded almonds to decorate
- Add 2 to 3 tbs of brown sugar in a bowl and add enough rice milk to cover the sugar. Mix lightly and add the ripe banana, breaking it into tiny pieces with a fork.
- Add the oat flour, the baking soda and the cinnamon. Mix until smooth. If the mix is too liquidy, add some flour, if it is too stiff, add some more rice milk.
- Pour the mix onto a baking tray (I used a heart-shaped one) and finally add the shredded almonds and a dash of extra cinnamon on top.
- Cook at 200° for 15-20 minutes approximately. Just to make sure the cake is ready, stick a toothpick into it and if it appears dry when you remove it, the cake is cooked. Let it cool down and enjoy! Please share this recipe with someone you know who cannot eat gluten (coeliac disease), they will love it! This recipe is also suitable for vegans and vegetarians!
Tell me if you liked this recipe in a comment and send me a picture if you try it!
Youtube: Hermetic Kitten
Facebook: Hermetic Kitten