Ingredients (for 2 people):
- 3 medium eggs
- 1 tablespoon of gluten free flour (or normal flour)
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- a cup of fresh spinach
- Your favourite cheese
- Parmesan cheese to sprinkle
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Boil the eggs for 10 minutes (if you like them well cooked) or 6 minutes (if you like them runny)
- Once they are ready, put them in icy water and let them stay for 2-3 minutes
- Peal them under running water
- Put a tablespoon of butter in a pan, when it’s melted, add the tablespoon of flour.
- Stir and add half a cup of milk
- Wait until the sauce tickens, add salt and pepper to taste
- put it aside
- Put the spinach in the same pan that you used for the white sauce. Add a teaspoon of olive oil and put on the lid
- Let the stay for 3-4 minutes, until they are tender
- Now put take a small oven pan and put the spinach first
- Add the eggs and evenly coat them with the sauce
- Add your favourite cheese (cut in small pieces)
- Sprinkle some parmesan chesse on top
- Cook in the oven at 200° for about 15 minutes
- Serve with a slice of gluten free bread (or regular bread)
This is a rather complete dish and it tastes divine! Make sure the eggs are fresh and the sauce is really thick!
I cut off the amount of butter as the original recipe uses lots of it! There is no problem whatsoever in replacing normal flour with gluten free flour (any bread/pizza mix will be good).
I hope you enjoy this recipe!